37 ° 6.1666 ′ N, 9 ° 38.4296 ′ W
37 ° 6′10.00 ″ N, 9 ° 38′25.78 ″ W
1 material on 1 object, 20 photos
Links from experienced
You can follow all new publications in any country or city using the feeds in your personal page, as well as using the RSS subscription.
- in my feeds
Use this code to insert a link to this direction in the text of a travel note, advice, blog entry or forum message on Turbine.
This list includes the authors who scored the highest rating for materials about Armasan de Pera.
Armasan de Pera
Thanks to the magnificent beaches and warm sunny weather, the main southern region of Portugal, the Algarve, is considered the most popular holiday destination in the country. Every year, tens of thousands of tourists from all over the world come here to surf in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy the sound of the surf in secluded bays stretched along the entire coast. Among the most visited resorts of the region traditionally include the small village of Armasan de Pera, about the features of the rest and the main attractions of which will be discussed later.
The first written mention of Armasan de Pera dates back to 1577, but at that time the current community was just a small fishing village. The large urban sprawl that divided the Algarve region into dozens of independent districts occurred in 1960, and it was then that the modern history of one of the most beautiful coastal resorts in Portugal began. Today, in the village area of 9.15 square meters. km, about 7000 people live, most of which are still engaged in fishing.
Geography and climate
An important role in the popularity of the community among tourists is played by its geographical location. Armasan de Pera is located in the south of the country, 1.5 km from the village of Pera, 3 km from the fregezia Alcantarilla, 21 km from the city of Silves and 264 km southeast of the capital of Portugal, Lisbon. This region is characterized by a mild continental climate with fairly warm winters (+8. +12 ° C) and non-hot, dry summers (+20. +24 ° C). However, if you are planning a trip in January, be prepared for a lot of rainfall, as this month is considered the wettest of the year.
What to do in Armasan de Pera?
A small village on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean today is considered one of the main tourist areas in Portugal - at the peak of the bathing season, when foreign guests from around the world come to Armasan de Pera, the population of the region increases several times compared to the winter period. Despite its rather modest size, the community has many interesting natural, cultural and historical attractions, including:
- Armacao de Pera Beach (Praia de Armação de Pêra) - the main tourist attraction of the resort with an area of 0.03 square meters. km Soft golden sand and warm calm water attract thousands of travelers every year, and well-developed infrastructure with a large number of cozy restaurants and clubs right on the ocean are becoming favorite places for young people to relax.
- Fort St. Antonio (Forte de Santo António da Pedra da Galé) - an ancient fortress built in the 16th century. to protect against attacks by Berber pirates and corsairs. Today, the fort is considered an important object of historical heritage of the region and one of the most popular sites for panoramic images. Not far from it there is a chapel of the same name dating from the 18th century, which everyone can enter.
- Church of Our Lady (Igreja Matriz de Armação de Pêra) - the main shrine of Armasan de Pera, located in the central part of the village. Twice a week (on Tuesdays and Sundays), services are held in the temple in the morning, the rest of the time it is open for visits. During the tour, pay special attention to the architecture of the church: decorative tiles, Baroque altars and vestries.
The main southern resort of Portugal, Armasan de Pera is rich not only in attractions, but also in first-class hotels, spread out along the entire coastline. According to vacationers' reviews, the best places to stay in a village are:
- Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa - the most respectable and expensive hotel in the resort of Armasan de Pera. The architecture of the building is made in the classic Moorish style, complemented by a chic garden, broken in the hotel, with an outdoor pool. The buildings of the Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa complex also include 10 restaurants of different national cuisines, 4 bars and a huge spa - the best in the region. A pleasant bonus for visitors is a gorgeous view of the Atlantic Ocean, which opens from the balconies and terraces of the hotel. The price for accommodation is 425-815 cu per room.
- Hol />
Cafes and restaurants
Most local hotels have several restaurants on their territory that traditionally serve national and European cuisine, but real gourmets know that the most delicious delicacies prepared according to original old recipes can only be found in small and little-known cafes. If you want to pamper your taste buds with real Portuguese dishes, head to one of the following establishments:
- Arte Náutica Beach Restaurant,
- Restaurante Rocha da Palha,
- Beach Bar Olivalmar,
- A Lota Restaurant,
- Palm Beach Restaurant,
- Gurkha Kitchen Nepalese & Indian Cuisine,
- Zé Leiteiro.
The village of Armasan de Pera is located just 52 km from the city of Faro, near which there is the eponymous international airport, recognized as the main air gate of the south of Portugal. There are several ways to get from Faro to the community:
- By taxi. The easiest and fastest way to get to your destination in Portugal is, of course, a taxi, but it is also one of the most expensive, so be prepared to pay a considerable amount for 40 minutes. on the road.
- On a personal (rented) car. A fairly popular option, especially among tourists who travel as a family or a large company. By the way, you can rent a car directly at the Faro Airport. Price per week rent - from 50 cu
- By public transport. This option is much cheaper than the previous ones, but a little longer. From the airport you need to get to the city center (7 km), and only there you can catch a bus passing Armaan de Pera. The fare is only 7 cu
Armasan de Pera - a paradise with a long beach, one of the most beautiful resorts in Portugal, located near the airport of Faro. It got its name thanks to the fishermen of the village of Pera - on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, they untangled their gear. "Armasan" translated from Portuguese means a fishing net. There are two ways to get to the town of Armacao de Pera: purposefully, through the airport, or by traveling on the Portuguese Atlantic coast by car from Lisbon or Porto.
Honestly, both options are still exotic for the domestic tourist - tours to this country are not in great demand. But if the idea came to mind to get to know Portugal closer, the pleasure and mass of discoveries are guaranteed!
What a good vacation at this resort
The coast of Armacao de Pera attracts many tourists in the spring and summer. On the soft sand stretches a series of sun loungers. Lying under an umbrella, vacationers relax, enjoying the beautiful weather. The eastern side of the resort is ideal for swimming and sunbathing. Lumps of stones lie in the west, leading visitors to a picturesque cave. The cleft of the rock is interesting to people of all ages: children like to run through the ruins, introducing themselves as pioneers, adults take pictures of beautiful rocky statues. The atmosphere reigns carefree resort.
Along the land stretch bars, cafes, clubs, shops. Resort cuisine - mainly sea food - will be enjoyed even by a fastidious gourmet; local and European recipes are present in the restaurant menu.
All the delights of relaxing on the Atlantic coast of Portugal
Resort buildings in Armacao de Pera: most of the apartments are for rent
Algar de Benagil Grotto in the vicinity of Armacao de Pera
A beach holiday in Armacao de Pera is accessible for people with disabilities, the walking area is equipped with paths for wheelchairs. Golf enthusiasts will love the specialized playgrounds. You can travel around the city by public transport, on foot or rent a car.
How to get from Faro and Lisbon
The largest city closest to Armacao de Pera is Faro, where Aeroporto Internacional de Faro International Airport is located. The distance between the resorts is about 50 km. You can get there by bus, train and taxi.
The first option is optimal and inexpensive: 1.95 € ticket from the airport to the Faro bus station + 5.50 € ticket from the Faro bus station to the desired resort. The train option also has a place to be, but it is rather specific, since the tiny resort does not have its own railway station. The nearest one is 8 km (port. Alcantarilha), you will have to take a taxi from it.
Taxi from Faro Airport to Armacao de Pera will cost 53-63 €.
Getting directly from Lisbon is not possible only if you do not order a taxi or rent a car. The distance along the A2 highway is about 260 km. In all other cases, you will have to lay a combined route.
#one. Vilalara Thalassa Resort
Superior Room at Vilalara Thalassa Resort (Armasan de Pera, Portugal)
This is the flagship hotel of the resort of Armasan de Pera, a full-fledged "5 stars" with all conceivable amenities (only 6 pools in one pool). The complex has a territory with gardens, terraces, restaurants and a private beach. Views open onto Praia dash Gayvotas and the Atlantic.
# 2 Pestana Viking Beach & SPA Resort
Pestana Viking Beach & SPA Resort (Armacao de Pera, Portugal)
A 4-star hotel with pools and a spa complex, located away from the bustling resort life. But in an exceptionally picturesque place. To the beach (first line) no more than 2-3 minutes. You can give a lot from most rooms for views of the Atlantic Ocean! The breakfasts are super, wi-fi is good.
# 3 Be Smart Terrace Algarve
Be Smart Terrace Algarve
Apartment complex in the center of Armacao de Pera (300 m from the city beach). There are family, double and even single options. The rooms are freshly renovated, bright, with all amenities, including a kitchen. An on-site garden, pool, coffee shop and restaurant, where a breakfast buffet is served in the morning, and free parking are available.