Satellite online map of the city of Glubokoe Vitebsk region with the names of all streets and house numbers. On Yandex maps from a satellite you can see virtual panoramas of the streets of the cities of the Vitebsk region. Drag the little man icon from the upper left corner of the map to the area of the map that interests you. Panoramas are not available for all cities and towns; street sections with panoramas are highlighted in blue when you drag the icon.
Photo and description
Glubokoe is an ancient city that arose on the shores of five lakes. If we talk about Belarus Sineokoi - the country of lakes, then the Deep will be its bright embodiment. Here, Belarusian quiet beauty, and the confrontation of Christian denominations, and the indescribable nature of the lake region.
The first mention of the Deep belongs to the year 1414. Glubokoe was located on a rich trade route from Vilna to Polotsk. Here was the most convenient place for the fair. In addition to prosperous merchants and other merchants, Glubokoe was divided between two clans Korsaki and Zinovichi.
Interestingly framed in Glubokoe main square. On both sides of the square in the 17th-18th centuries, two magnificent baroque churches were erected. They are facing each other with facades and as if looking into each other's faces. During the Russian rule, one of the churches was transferred to the Orthodox.
Now in Glubokoye there is an active Catholic Trinity Church built in 1764-1782. The building is in perfect condition. The interiors of the temple and its main altar are very beautiful.
There is also an Orthodox church - the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin, rebuilt in 1885 from the Carmelite church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. From the inside it is very noticeable that the cathedral was once a church.
There is a Lutheran church in Glubokoe. Interestingly, it’s also valid. Such is the nature of trading cities. Representatives of any faiths coexist here. It would be something to trade.
There is in the Deep memory of a long war - a cemetery of Polish soldiers. Very clean and well-kept cemetery. At the same cemetery is the grave of F. Munchausen.
It is located 162 km from Minsk and 187 km from Vitebsk. There are five lakes in the city. One of them - Lake Glubokoe, now Kagalnoe, gave the name to the city.
The geographical location of the city - on the Old Smolensk road, between Vilna and Polotsk, allowed to be a "bridge" for Western and Eastern Europe. The administrative border of the Polotsk and Vilnius Voivodeships passed through Glubokoe along the Berezovka River.
Jozef Korsak owned the northeastern part. His possessions were part of the Polotsk Voivodeship. In 1639, they, according to the will of Korsak, passed into the possession of the monastic order of barefoot Carmelites. The other part, which was part of the Vilnius Voivodeship, was owned by Zenovičy.
The main occupation of residents is trade. There were established trade relations with Riga, Königsberg, Vilna and Warsaw.
The architectural dominant of the square is the 7-story building of the House of Soviets with battlements that resemble an ancient castle. The original castle of the Zenovich-Radziwill XVI-XVIII centuries. was destroyed during the Northern War.
Deep - a place of the Disnensky district of the Vilnius province, at the Glubokoye lake. Residents 7292, an Orthodox church, a church, 6 Jewish prayer houses and a synagogue, a city school. Bazaars weekly, 2 fairs, brick factory.
In 1920, as a result of the Soviet-Polish war, the Western Belorussian territories, together with Glubokoy, became part of Poland. After the Polish campaign of the Red Army in September 1939, the reunification of the Belarusian lands took place, and Glubokoe became part of the Byelorussian SSR.
January 15, 1940 Glubokoe gained the status of a city and became the administrative center of the Glubokoe district.
Official Symbols of the Deep
The coat of arms of the Deep - the image in a silver field of the Spanish shield of a blue wall with three prongs, on which there are two crossed silver sabers with gold handles and three gold coins. Approved by Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 36 of January 20, 2006.
Nature and ecology
The arboretum of the Glubokoye experimental leshoz is located 1.5 km from the city. Laid down in 1967 by forest engineer V. Lomako. About 500 plant species of all continents were collected, and now in Belarus it is second only to the Minsk Botanical Garden. Nearby is a pen for Far Eastern sika deer, where they can be observed in natural conditions.
|Population size :|
|5600||▲ 7544||▼ 7359||▲ 11928||▲ 15387||▲ 17019||▲ 18638||▲ 18921||▲ 19084|
In 2017, 215 were born in Glubokoe and 191 people died. The birth rate is 11.3 per 1000 people (the average in the district is 10.6, in the Vitebsk region is 9.6, in the Republic of Belarus is 10.8), the mortality rate is 10 per 1000 people (the average in the district is 18 , in the Vitebsk region - 14.4, in the Republic of Belarus - 12.6).
- "Glubokoe meat processing plant." In 2007, he was awarded prizes by the Government of the Republic of Belarus and the Vitebsk Oblast Executive Committee for product quality, and by a decree of the head of state for achieving the best results in fulfilling the main target indicators for forecasting socio-economic development is listed on the Republican Honor Board.
- "Gluboksky milk factory". Awarded the prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for 2007 in the field of quality.
- RUSPP "Gluboksky feed mill".
- Branch "Gluboksky bakery" RUPE "Vitebskkhlebprom".
- GLHU "Gluboksky experimental forestry" - export of elite seeds of conifers: spruce and pine.