The Novosibirsk Academic Theater is the largest theater in Russia, the pride of Siberia, its architectural symbol. Residents of the city call this theater the Colosseum for its gigantic size. The building of this theater was built for the House of Science and Culture. To combine such different spheres of activity under one roof is not an easy task, but in Novosibirsk this project was taken seriously. The scene of the House of Science and Culture was to replace a wide street for several columns of demonstrators or accommodate several cars and tractors at the same time. The stage space was conceived as a transformer, which provided many new opportunities for directors.
The modern, well-maintained zoo in Novosibirsk grew out of a small children's station opened in the city in 1933. They mainly studied natural sciences, observed plants and, along with the laboratory, kept a small zoo. It is hard to believe that now the zoo already contains 10,000 individuals and this number is constantly increasing. These results have been going for a long time. In 1937, the zoo expanded slightly - the total number of animal species was 35 units.
The Botanical Garden began its work in 1946 as a department of the Biological Institute, a branch of the Academy of Sciences. The organization of the project and its work plan were developed by the largest Siberian scientists, honored scientists. In order to strengthen the foundations of agriculture and improve the conditions for the growth of the Siberian flora in the botanical garden, they began to study the characteristics of local vegetation, introduce new plant species into the culture, and create favorable natural zones. An educational center immediately appeared on the basis of the botanical garden, in which they were engaged in the formation and distribution of programs for the study of biology.
The builder of the cathedral is a nobleman, Nikolai Mikhailovich Tikhomirov, an engineer by training. Also Nikolai Mikhailovich is the founder of Novonikolaevsk. The temple was built in neo-Byzantine architectural style. Tikhomirov was buried in the cathedral. The remains were transferred to the Zaeltsovskoye cemetery in 1971. In 1896, the construction of the temple began. The cathedral was consecrated on December 29, 1899. The sacrament of consecration was conducted by the Bishop of Tomsk and Barnaul Makarii.
An unusual monument with a height of 6 meters makes a deep impression on the viewer. This monument was erected on the 25th anniversary of the death of Vladimir Semenovich Vysotsky. Sculptor Alexander Tartynov found an interesting solution for this monument and masterfully fulfilled his idea. The well-recognized figure of Vysotsky froze in half-motion - he walks barefoot along the tip of a stylized razor, taking his guitar aside. This monument became an illustration of a line from the song of the famous bard - "Poets walk with their heels along the blade of a knife - and cut their bare souls into the blood!"
The center of Novosibirsk, like the city and in general, is rich in parks and squares. Perhaps that is why it, diluted with the comfort of their greenery, does not at all look like the center of a modern metropolis. One of the most popular places for citizens and visitors of Novosibirsk is Pervomaisky Square, located next to the Ploshchad Lenina metro station.
One of the oldest parks in Novosibirsk is the Central Park, the most famous and beloved both by residents and guests of the city. Covering an area of more than ten hectares, it is full of greenery, comfort and children's laughter. It has many children's, family and extreme attractions, cafes in order to quickly have a bite or chat with a large company. It is the Central Park for the townspeople that has become a permanent place of recreation and the holding of game, entertainment events, contests and show programs.
Novosibirsk Call Alley is rich in monuments and compositions. An important place among them is the sculpture "Farewell". Located in the place where the recruiting center used to be, it accurately and accurately narrates many and most important things. This sculptural group consists of figures of a young man and a girl sitting on a bench and touchingly holding hands. Everyone says the details: the girl sits with her head bowed low, she is all anxiety and sadness before a long breakup.
The Drama Theater "Old House" was created in 1933. Initially, it was a traveling theater, demonstrating its performances on collective farms and state farms of the Novosibirsk region. In 1942, the theater received the status of the Regional Drama Theater. In 1967, he moved to an independent building, built at the beginning of the twentieth century. The modern name of the theater has been assigned since 1991.
Monument to the first traffic light and traffic cop opened in the city in 2006. Like some other monuments and monuments of Novosibirsk, this sculpture is the first in Russia. Formally, the opening of the monument was timed to coincide with the seventieth anniversary of the traffic police. At the site of the monument in the forties of the last century, one of the first traffic lights in the city was installed. It was a model in which manual control was still used.
One of the city’s most amazing monument in structure and design is the metal Throne monument. This monument is a metal chair quite solid and high. Along the edges it is decorated with images of little steel men, and above the head of the seated on the throne is a helmet, which is a parody of the crown. Doors on the back of the throne can come off and close.
The Museum of Siberian Birch Bark was formed from a simple hobby of its founder - Idea Timofeevna Lozhkina. In the past, the owner of an antique salon, a keen personality with an unusual name, discovered the art of birch bark. The increasing size of the personal collection and the unlimited desire to share their “treasures” with people have become serious grounds for the establishment of a cultural center - the Siberian Birch Bark Museum. The museum opened on June 27, 2002 in a beautiful old building, an architectural monument of Novosibirsk.
Famous and repertoire in its genre, the Novosibirsk Theater of Musical Comedy has been counting its history since February 2, 1959. The theater is the owner of three Golden Mask Prizes and 15 Festival Diplomas. Famous masters of musical creativity, folk artists of the Russian Federation, honored artists, artists, cultural workers of the Russian Federation make up a talented troupe of a musical comedy theater. In 2001, the theater became a laureate of the “Window to Russia” contest.
Whatever monuments may be found on the Russian expanses are monumental and very small, majestic and mysterious, strange and funny. One of such unusual monuments was opened in Novosibirsk several years ago, in 2011, and is called the Monument to the buyer and seller. The project of the monument was created by Eduard Dobrovolsky, the opening was timed to coincide with the City Day.
In 1920, a group of young actors under the direction of director Vladimir Tatishchev created the theater. For 11 years, the "Red Torch" traveled, delighting the audience with its performances. Only in 1932 he stopped in Novosibirsk. After a large-scale reconstruction in 2007, the Red Torch Drama Theater hospitably opened its doors. The repertoire of the theater is rich in the best examples of classical and world experimental drama. Every year, all-Russian premieres of plays by talented actors present to the guests of the drama theater.
The motives for creating a particular monument or sculpture and their placement on the streets of cities, in parks and squares, in each case are different. Wishing to perpetuate something or to remind about the main thing, masters of art bring their own thoughts, feelings and feelings to the everydayness and habituality of houses and avenues. So it happened in Novosibirsk: an open monument to the First Date, located near the City Library - like a reminder to everyone who passes by both their first love and the transience of being.
World sights, despite their geographical remoteness, can sometimes be met quite unexpectedly - on the streets of Russian cities. One such case is a copy of the world famous Leaning Tower of Pisa located in Novosibirsk. 2011, thanks to close economic and cultural contacts between Russia and Italy, was declared the year of Italy in Russia. In accordance with this, tens and hundreds of events dedicated to the history and culture of Italy were held in the Russian state.
On the Alley of memory of the draft in Novosibirsk is one of the most touching and gentle monuments of the city - with the beautiful name "Photo for memory". Having firmly entered the modern surroundings of Kholodilnaya Street, the sculpture nevertheless testifies to one of the stages in the history of the city - earlier the first recruiting station was located on this street. As conceived by the author of the project, it is a photograph that a photographer proposes to do before parting.
The residential building on the Second Krasnodonsky Lane was built in 1947, now this house and its unusual courtyard are officially listed as valuable objects of the urban environment. Although there are many similar houses in Novosibirsk, the Gulliver yard is almost the only one of its kind. The authors of the unique fantasy installation of the courtyard suggest imagining that the visit of the famous hero of the book Jonathan Swift to a regular Novosibirsk courtyard is possible at any time! Especially for such a guest, a giant chair is installed here, in the absence of Gulliver serving as a slide for local children.
"Museum of the Sun" was created in the teenage club "Sunny". The club has children's creative workshops. Original works are created here, children through creativity join the beauty, respect for the creativity of other people is brought up in them. On the days of the solstices and equinoxes, holidays of the Sun are organized.
Currently, the museum’s exposition is represented by copies of photographs and drawings of the originals, which are stored in museums around the world. Copies are made of cedar, aspen, beech, pine and oak.
In September 1933, a puppeteers' studio was organized at the Youth Theater. On May 1, 1934, the first theater season was inaugurated with the premiere performance “Parsley Visiting Schoolchildren”.
The theater became an independent creative organization in 1936. The theater was directed by director and artist V. Vinogradov until 1952 with a wartime break.
Novosibirsk Reservoir - Ob Sea
In the Novosibirsk region, on the Ob River, the Ob Sea is located. Of course, in fact, this is the Novosibirsk reservoir, but from the coast it produces the effect of the sea. The reservoir was formed by the dam of the Novosibirsk hydroelectric station, which was built in 1957-1959. It must be said that the Ob Sea is located not only in the Novosibirsk Region, but also in the Altai Territory; such cities as Berdsk, Kamen-on-Ob, and Novosibirsk are located on its shores.
The Ob Sea is about a thousand square kilometers, and the greatest depth is 25 meters, the reservoir freezes in winter. Since the filling, the Ob Sea has become a place of active recreation for tourists and local residents and the conduct of sailing competitions for the Cup of Russia and the Ob Sea Cup.
In the Ob Sea, valuable species of fish are found, for example whitefish, nelma and sturgeon, but more are caught burbot, pikeperch, pike, perch and grayling. In the spring, oddly enough, the water level in the reservoir is lowered, so in some places the sandy bottom becomes visible, especially in the islands, of which there are about twenty.
Photo and description
The Ob Sea in the Novosibirsk Region is an artificial reservoir located on the Ob River, near the city of Novosibirsk. The river originates in Altai at the confluence of two rivers - Katun and Biya. From south to north, the Ob crosses the territory of Western Siberia, flowing into the Kara Sea of the Arctic Ocean. In the south of Novosibirsk, the Ob River is blocked by a dam, which actually forms the reservoir - the "Ob Sea".
The length of the sea from the city of Kamen-on-Ob to Novosibirsk is about 220 km. The total area of the water reaches 1082 square meters. km, the maximum width is 22 km, and the maximum depth is up to 25 m.
The reservoir was filled in 1957-1959. To create a reservoir, it was necessary to completely flood the central historical part of the city of Berdsk and several more villages in the territory of the Novosibirsk region.
In the 1990s The Ob Sea annually provided 1000-1200 tons of fish, mainly zander and bream acclimatized in the late 1950s. The water resources of the Novosibirsk reservoir are used comprehensively for energy, water supply, shipping and fisheries.
In spring, the water level in the reservoir falls, as a result of which the sandy bottom of the Ob Sea is exposed. With this phenomenon, the illusion of numerous beaches and shallow bays is created, but by the summer the reservoir volume gradually increases, and the sandy bottom goes under water.
The Ob Sea is a favorite vacation spot not only for local residents, but also for city guests. This place attracts with its picturesque nature, clean air, well-maintained beaches and wonderful places for real fishing.
On the seashore there are a huge number of resorts and excellent recreation centers, which in addition to relaxing on the seashore offer exciting boat and motor boat trips, inexpensive rental of catamarans and boats and many exciting water attractions.
Area - 1070 km², volume - 8.8 km³, length - about 200 km, the greatest width - 22 km, the greatest depth - 25 m.
Islands: Ataman, Wild, Elban Islands, Elban, Kamenny, Kamensky, Krasnoyarsk Borok, Krasny Yar, Logunov, Nechunaevsky, Pichugovsky, Polovinsky Borok, Semizarodny, Tan-Van, Khokhlov Borok, Khrenovy, Sharapsky, Shlyapovsky, Shumsky Cordon.
The reservoir is used in the interests of hydropower, water supply and fisheries. Valuable fish species are found here: sturgeon, sterlet, nelma, muksun, chir, whitefish, peled. However, the objects of fishing as a rule are: pike perch, common carp, burbot, tench, bream, pike, grayling, ide, roach, crucian carp, dace, perch. It should be noted that a significant part of the caught fish is not suitable for food due to helminthiasis.
The Ob Sea is a place of active recreation (the beaches in the Akademgorodok area are organized on the initiative of S. A. Khristianovich) and the annual sailing competitions for the Cup of Russia and the Cup of the Ob Sea.
The projected lifetime of the Ob reservoir is about 400 years.
Stress in the word Ob may be different - despite the fact that according to the rules of the Russian language, emphasis should be placed on the first syllable - Ob, in Siberia it is customary to use the endemic form - Ob.
Description of the Ob Sea
The Novosibirsk reservoir stretches from southwest to northeast and is approximately 220 km long with a maximum width of 22 km. The water surface area at a normal retaining level is 1082 square meters. km
The total capacity of the reservoir is 8.8 cubic kilometers. The greatest depth is 25 m. In winter it is covered with ice. In addition to Novosibirsk itself, on the shores of the reservoir are the cities of Berdsk and Kamen-on-Ob, as well as many other settlements.
The Novosibirsk hydroelectric station is the only hydroelectric power station on the Ob River. It includes a concrete dam, which is 33 meters high and almost 200 meters long, as well as a pre-filled dam and two earthen dams.
The total length of all water-bearing structures is 4846 m. 8.39 million cubic meters of soil have been reclaimed in earthen dams. The installed capacity of the power plant is 470 MW. There is a sluice divided into three chambers for the passage of vessels through the water structures.
The Ob Sea is filled during the flood, and its drawdown is carried out at low water.The mark of the water surface at a normal retaining level is 113.5 m above sea level. There are many islands on the reservoir, among them are Tan-Van and Khrenovy islands.
The value of the reservoir
The Novosibirsk reservoir is used to generate electricity, as well as for the needs of shipping, water supply and irrigation, fisheries, recreation, etc.
The share of the Novosibirsk hydroelectric station is approximately 17% of the total electricity generation in the Novosibirsk region. The maximum amount of electricity for the entire period of operation of the hydroelectric power station was generated in 2013.
Of great importance is the regulation of the flow of the Ob through the construction of the dam. A reliable water supply to Novosibirsk is connected with this, because even in very dry periods the water flow in the river is sufficient for the normal functioning of the water intake.
The Ob Sea is also a source for irrigation of the arid steppe regions of the Altai Territory. So, its water is used to feed the Kulunda irrigation canal, which goes 180 km to the Kulunda steppe.
With the construction of the dam, the conditions of navigation have significantly improved, which is associated with an increase in water level during the summer low water.
The Novosibirsk reservoir has fishery significance. This large artificial reservoir formed its own ichthyofauna. Commercial species of fish such as ide, roach, pike perch, burbot, bream, pike, crucian carp, perch, etc. are found here. Valuable species of fish that live in the waters of the reservoir: nelma, sturgeon, taimen, muksun, sterlet, etc.
Thanks to the beautiful nature, the Ob Sea attracts a large number of vacationers. On its shores there are many sanatoriums, camp sites, children's camps, etc.
The negative consequences of creating a reservoir
As a result of filling the reservoir, vast territories were flooded, including about 28,400 hectares of agricultural land and 30,500 hectares of forest and shrubs. 31 settlements were completely flooded and another 25 partially. Another 3 settlements were cut off from the mainland, as they were on the islands.
The total population of all these settlements exceeded 43,000 people. The entire historical part of Berdsk was flooded, in fact the whole city was rebuilt in a new place. About 128 km of country roads fell into the flood zone.
Not all is well with the sanitary condition of the reservoir. In summer, the banks erode, including overgrown with pine forests, as a result, a large amount of wood appears in the waters of the reservoir, which begins to decompose here over time. This process is accompanied by the release of a large amount of phenol and other toxic substances into the water that adversely affect local fish.
The construction of the dam led to the fact that a significant part of the spawning grounds of semi-migratory fish was cut off. Moreover, the reservoir generally lacks normal conditions for the reproduction of fish.
So, in the summer, because of the higher temperature of the surface layer of water, algae actively absorb oxygen from the water here. The incidence of fish is also increasing.
Thus, the negative consequences of the creation of the Ob Sea are no less than the positive ones.