List attractions formed on the basis of visitor reviews and sorted by rating, which is also based on visitor reviews. Thus, at the top of the list are located the most interesting sights.
Look Photoread reviewson the basis of which the rating is built, leave your review, you can follow the link on the name of a specific attractions.
If you did not find in this list an interesting place that you would like to share your impressions about - leave information on our forum in the What to see section.
Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity - a landmark of foothill Tobolsk
The exiled Poles and Lithuanians, who found themselves in Tobolsk after the suppression of the Polish uprising of 1830, became the core of the Catholic community of the city. With the permission of the provincial authorities, the first wooden temple dedicated to the providence of God was built. Later, with an increase in the number of parishioners, it was decided to build a large stone building. Donations for its construction were mainly collected by the Polish community. The construction of the church was completed in 1907.
With the coming to power of the Communists, since 1923 the temple was closed for many years. In the 1940s, the building housed a dining room, in the 50s movie rental. Only in 1993, after the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation on the return of religious buildings to believers, the building was returned to the Catholic parish. In 2004, an organ was installed in the church. Organ concerts are currently held on a regular basis.
The first museum of local lore in Siberia opened in 1870 at the office of the governor. The museum moved to a separate building, built with the money of residents, in 1889. The museum conducted educational and scientific work. Exhibitions were held devoted to ethnography, natural history, archeology, industry. Now almost all expositions of the 19th century are available for visitors, and you can also see the unique products of craftsmen.
The estate of the merchant of the first guild, steamboat owner and philanthropist Ivan Nikolaevich Kornilov was built in the 1860s. Stylistically, the house was an example of late classicism. When the house passed into the possession of his son, Ivan Ivanovich reconstructed it in 1890. The building took the form of the Baroque-Renaissance style.
Since 1917, the district court was located in the Kornilov’s house, after the headquarters of non-commissioned officer V.K. Blucher. In Soviet times, there was a bank. Since 1993 - Center for Russian Culture. Since the 2000s, the residence of Tobolsk magistrates. Now the only museum "History of the judicial system of Western Siberia."
The stela "Tobolsk - the pearl of Siberia"
This peaked stele, established in 2010, is located in the historical center of Tobolsk, in the heart of the transport ring, which combines Komsomolsky Prospekt, Severnaya and Remezova streets. An approach to the stele is impossible, but it acts as a guide for city guests.
Monument to Semyon Ulyanovich Remezov
Semyon Ulyanovich is a famous encyclopedist and cartographer of Siberia, born and raised in Tobolsk. According to his project, from 1697 the Tobolsk Kremlin was built. Remezov wrote a unique “Chorographic drawing book of Siberia”. It contains materials on cartography, history, archeology and ethnography of the population of the Siberian region. The sculpture of Semyon Ulyanovich is installed in the center of Sophia Square, near the terminal.
Monument to Dmitry Ivanovich Mendeleev
Dmitry Ivanovich was born in Tobolsk in 1834, where he lived his first 16 years. In 1850, he went to St. Petersburg, entered the Main Pedagogical Institute, and there he began his scientific work. Mendeleev’s next visit to Tobolsk took place in 1899.
The monument to the scientist was created by the sculptor V.N. Nikiforov, and installed in 1984 in the Upland part of the city. The monument is one of the historical and cultural monuments protected by the state.
Monument to P.P. Ershov and his fairy-tale heroes
The monument to Peter Pavlovich Ershov - the author of the famous fairy tale "The Little Humpbacked Horse" is located in the park of the same name. Next to Peter Pavlovich is a composition of statues of his fairy-tale heroes: Wonder Yudo Fish-whale, firebird, tsar, Ivan the Fool and the little humpbacked horse. Ershov Square is one of the most popular places for walking with children.
Sculptural composition "Robinson, Friday and the dog"
Daniel Defoe in his novel "The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe" describes the funny adventures of his character on the way from China to England. In the XVII century it was possible to get from Asia to Europe only through Siberia. Therefore, Robinson was in Tobolsk, where he was to survive the harsh frosty winter. The original monument based on the book was opened in 2007.
Garden Park Ermak
The garden is located around the monument to Ermak, established in 1839 on Cape Chukman. Ermak is a significant figure in the history of Siberia. According to historians, in 1582 a detachment of free Cossacks, led by ataman Ermak, set off on a campaign along the rivers of Siberia and the Urals, freeing the land from the yoke of the Tatar invaders.
The garden was arranged in 1855. In the garden you could see greenhouses and greenhouses. To date, the garden park has been modified many times. In Soviet times, near the monument to Yermak, 2 mass graves with memorial plates appeared: the memory of the Red Army soldiers who died in 1919 and the victims of the rebellion of the kulaks and Socialist-Revolutionaries of 1921.
The last reconstruction took place in 2016. Ermak Garden Park is one of the most visited attractions of Tobolsk.
Monument to Fedor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky
Dostoevsky was convicted in 1849 for participating in the Petrashevsky circle and exiled to hard labor in Siberia. From January 9 to January 20, 1850 he was in Tobolsk prison. Here, from Captain Smolkov, Fyodor Mikhailovich received a book handed over to him by his wife. It was the gospel because other literature was banned. A fan of communist ideology became a believing Christian.
"Posad Siberian old-timers" - a new attraction of Tobolsk
This is an interactive museum where you will plunge into the atmosphere of the city of the 18th century and see the chambers of the first governor of Siberia, wooden houses and pavements, churches, stables, a windmill and much more. Visitors can participate in master classes and historical quest games. You can take pictures in replicas of costumes of people of that time.
The museum was created from the scenery for the film "Tobol".
Zavalnoe cemetery in Tobolsk
The oldest city cemetery, which got its name in 1772 due to its location. The cemetery is located outside the former northern city border, which is called the earthen rampart. The shaft was built in 1688.
Many famous personalities are buried in Zavalny Cemetery. Writer P.P. Ershov, poet D.P. Davydov, researcher of Siberia A.A. Dunin-Gorkavich, historian of Siberia P.A. Slovtsov. Decembrists: V.K. Kyukhelbeker, S.M. Semenov, A.P. Baryatinsky, A.M. Muravyev, F.M. Bashmakov.
From the moment of its foundation, a wooden church was erected in the Tobolsk necropolis in the name of the seven youths of Effesse. In 1776, by decree of the governor D.I. Chicherin, he was rebuilt in a stone church.
Monument to the wives of the Decembrists
Near the Zavalny cemetery, there is an alley in which a sculpture of a woman and the rotunda surrounding her are installed. The monument is dedicated to the feat of the wives of the Decembrists, who followed their husbands into a distant Siberian exile, abandoning their previous lives. The monument symbolizes courage, love, dedication.
It is considered the main attraction of the city - this is what tourists primarily want to see. The only Kremlin in Siberia is a true embodiment of Russian architecture of the 17th-18th centuries and a symbol of Orthodoxy. It was built entirely of white stone and at first served as a fortress, and after the construction of church buildings it lost this significance. Now the ensemble of the Kremlin consists of the Sophia-Assumption Cathedral and its bell tower, the Bishop’s house, the Intercession Church, Rentereya, Gostiny Dvor, and Prison Castle. And from the Trinity cape, on which this amazing complex is located, offers stunning views of the Irtysh River.
Interesting! From the beginning of its construction, the Tobolsk Kremlin was rebuilt 6 times, and it got its present look thanks to the architect Semen Remezov. This white-stone ensemble is one of the winners of the federal competition “7 Wonders of Russia”.
- Address: st. Red Square, 1.
- Working hours: Wednesday-Sunday - from 10:00 to 18:00, Tuesday - from 10:00 to 17:00, Monday - day off.
- Cost of visit: Entrance to the territory is free.
This huge wooden staircase is also called Sophia's Charge - because of the eponymous cathedral in the Kremlin. The ascent is a 400-meter-long structure of 198 steps connecting the historic lower part of the city with the upper one at Cape Trinity. Next is the cobblestone road, which is compressed on both sides by retaining walls. The author of the project is Dragoon Warrant Officer Yakov Ukusnikov. There are no analogues to Direct Vzvoz in any Russian city - rising along it, you can see the towering Tobolsk Kremlin.
Interesting! The strange, fixed name of this place came from the word “straighten”, since earlier they tried to straighten the slope of the Trinity Cape in order to make the climb more convenient.
- Address: st. Red Square, 1.
- Time for visits: around the clock.
Church of St. Michael the Archangel
One of the many temple attractions of Tobolsk. The monastery was built in 1745 on the site of an almost destroyed church. The lower part of the temple was insulated and used for services in the winter, and the upper part was in the summer. The construction work was finally completed in 1759.
Now the temple has the status of a monument of federal significance and is in the second stage of restoration. A similar structure is Smolensky Cathedral - one of the outstanding sights of Belgorod.
- Address: st. Red Square, 1.
- Working hours: daily from 09:00 to 17:00.
- Cost of visit: is free.
Square named after P.P. Ershov
One of the most beautiful parks in this Siberian city is dedicated to its famous native - storyteller Pyotr Pavlovich Ershov. In 2008, to the anniversary of Tobolsk, a park was opened with sculptural compositions - the heroes of the fairy tale "The Little Humpbacked Horse" and its author.
The main decoration of the square is, of course, a monument to Ershov himself, but other figures also deserve attention. The author of the project, sculptor and artist Mikhail Vladimirovich Pereyaslavets, embodied his ideas in such a way that it seems to the townspeople and tourists that the events of the fairy tale actually happened in Tobolsk. And the beautiful Firebird has become a symbol of the fulfillment of desires that need to be made by touching its feathers.
- Address: st. Seeds Remezov.
- Time for visits: around the clock.
Monument to Robinson Crusoe and Friday
The sculptural composition dedicated to the famous literary heroes of the writer Daniel Defoe was installed in Tobolsk in 2007. Few people know that according to the plot of the second book, Robinson traveled to Siberia, in honor of which this monument was invented.
It represents 3 bronze figures of the main characters of the famous work - Crusoe himself, his friend Friday and the dog Laika. The sculpture gave the name to the square in which it is located. Near the bronze book heroes, both adults and children adore taking pictures.
- Address: st. Seeds Remezov, 70.
- Time for visits: around the clock.
Monument to D.I. Mendeleev
The monument in honor of the famous scientist is located in the Upland part of the city at the intersection of the avenue of the same name with Komsomolsky. It was installed in 1984 according to the project of the sculptor V.N. Nikiforov. Dmitry Ivanovich Mendeleev was born in Tobolsk and lived here until 1850. Even becoming a world famous scientist, he did not forget about his native land and once visited the city for several days in 1899.
The monument is a stone figure of a famous chemist with sheets of paper in his hands in which important information and discoveries could be recorded. A scientist, as a living person, with calm confidence looks into the distance in anticipation of a bright future with useful scientific changes.
- Address: Mendeleev Avenue.
- Time for visits: around the clock.
Garden of Ermak
The history of the park begins with the discovery of the stela "To the Conqueror of Siberia Ermak" 16 meters high. In its appearance, it resembles an obelisk. The garden of the same name was founded much later. The district decoration of the monument has changed several times. At first, on the recommendation of Nicholas II, when he was still a prince, they installed cannons connected in chains. This made the monument impressive and warlike - in the spirit of Yermak himself. Then they were replaced by small poles with a picket fence. Also mentioned were the cast-iron figures of archers, who did not stand here for long. And in the Soviet period, 2 memorial plates appeared - in honor of those who died for Soviet power in 1919 and the victims of the Siberian uprising in 1921.
But, despite such historical events, Yermak's garden does not look gloomy. On the contrary - this is one of the favorite places of Tobolsk residents. Here lovers meet, families with children walk, tourists take pictures and admire the surroundings. After all, it offers an amazing view of the Kremlin and the lower part of the city.
- Address: Cape Chukman.
- Time for visits: around the clock.
Church of the Holy Trinity
Even tourists far from religion will immediately pay attention to this church - it is so unusual for Siberia. Gothic sharp towers rise on the sides of the bell tower, and solemn and deep organ music is heard from the inside. The Catholic parish arose here thanks to exiled Poles and Lithuanians who were exiled to Siberia for the uprising in 1830. Here, the prisoners managed to settle down and get permission to open their first temple - the Church of Divine Providence. At first, the parish was led by a Tomsk priest, and with the arrival of Vincent Pzhesmycki, it became possible to establish a stone church. In 1897, the governor gives permission for construction, and in 1900 the stone is consecrated at the base of the future temple.
In the Soviet period, the Catholic church was damaged along with the Orthodox and was used as a warehouse, dining room and storage of films. Only in 1993, by decree of the president, did the believers begin to return their churches. Now the Siberian Catholic Church is more than 100 years old, and it is one of the most interesting places for most tourists, regardless of their religion.
- Address: st. Roses Luxembourg, 11.
- Working hours: Monday - from 16:00 to 19:00, Tuesday - from 9:00 to 12:00, Wednesday-Saturday - from 16:00 to 19:00, Sunday - from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Cost of visit: is free.
Historically associated with the Romanov dynasty and built in honor of Emperor Alexander II in memory of his visit to Tobolsk, when he was still a prince. The chapel was established approximately at the place of his stay in the city in 1837 - for the first time they thought about its construction after the death of the king due to an attempt to carry out memorial services about him. But the project of Tobolsk architects contained many shortcomings, therefore A. Parland, the author of the St. Petersburg on the Savior blood church, took up it.
The construction of the chapel was already completed in 1887, and it was consecrated. It is made in the form of a tower with a square base, on its sharp roof there is a dome with a gilded cross.
- Address: between the streets of Mira and Khokhryakova.
It is considered a peculiar monument of industrial architecture at the beginning of the 20th century, since water supply in Tobolsk was a difficult task. The city consisted of upper and lower posadas, and water had to be delivered to the mountain manually.
In 1902, near the Kremlin, a red brick tower was built, which provided water to the upland part of Tobolsk.Now she has replenished the list of ancient and unusual places of the city, and a cultural center is located inside it.
1. Tobolsk Kremlin
The only surviving stone Kremlin of Siberia, a unique example of the architecture of the XVII century, which has great cultural value. Three hundred years ago, Tobolsk was the capital of the region, so Moscow strongly supported the construction of stone defenses. The main buildings of the Kremlin were erected by the beginning of the XVIII century, the work was followed by S.U. Remezov - a cartographer, historian and part-time architect. Fortress walls, seven towers and a number of internal structures have survived to this day.
2. Sophia-Assumption Cathedral
Orthodox church, which is part of the Tobolsk Kremlin complex. It was built in the XVII century on the model of the Moscow Ascension Cathedral. In 1920, the religious institution was closed and began to be used for household needs. In 1961, the building passed into the jurisdiction of the Tobolsk Museum-Reserve, and in 1989 it was returned to believers. Restoration continued until 1994, after which the cathedral was consecrated by Alexy II.
3. Intercession Cathedral
The temple was erected in the middle of the 18th century, in the 19th century it was expanded twice. The main frame of the building is made in the shape of a cross, in the center of which a drum ending with a dome is placed. The predominant style is Baroque, although the walls and window openings look a little rude, which is not at all characteristic of this style of construction. Inside, the ceilings are covered with murals from the mid-19th century.
4. Tobolsk prison castle
Former prison for exiles and convicts, built in the 19th century, and today it is a museum. F. M. Dostoevsky, N. G. Chernyshevsky, V. G. Korolenko, as well as several criminal authorities of the 1990s visited here as prisoners. The institution worked until 1989. The museum is located on the territory of the Tobolsk Kremlin. Its expositions give an idea of life, life and customs of prisoners, the corresponding atmosphere reigns inside.
5. Gostiny Dvor
The complex was built in 1708 according to the project of S.U. Remezov. It is a unique monument of Siberian stone architecture. The building consists of two floors, it is built in the form of a rectangle with a courtyard. Along the edges and above the entrance arch there are towers topped with wooden roofs. Today, the Gostiny Dvor houses a museum, craft workshops, a tourist center and a hotel.
6. Palace of the Governor
The building is part of the complex of buildings of the Kremlin and is an example of civil architecture. It is built in a classic style with a minimum of decor. In 1700, the Order Chamber was located inside. After the fire, the building stood abandoned until 1831, until it was restored to accommodate the Provincial public places. Since 2009, the Viceroy’s Palace became part of the Tobolsk Museum-Reserve.
The civil building of the XVIII century, where in tsarist times the provincial treasury was located. Captive Swedes were involved in the construction work, so the structure was often called the "Swedish Chamber". At the end of the 19th – 20th centuries, rental was used as an archive. Due to its unusual architecture, the building is perceived as part of a medieval castle - this is indicated by powerful walls, narrow windows and through arched passages.
9. Drama Theater named after P. P. Ershov
Oddly enough, but the dramatic scene was established with the participation and assistance of Metropolitan Filofei in 1705. Of course, the first performances were based solely on church subjects. In 1744, secular plays began to be staged. The theater worked at the seminary, since 1794 he moved to a purpose-built building. At the end of the 19th century, the second building was erected, which burned down in 1991. Today, the dramatic scene is housed in a modern building.
10. Art Museum
The collection was founded in 1870 at the provincial chancellery. The initial exposition consisted of several hundred objects and told about the history and life of the indigenous Siberian peoples. A separate building was built at the expense of citizens in 1889. It has a very unusual appearance and somewhat resembles a palace because of the large number of decorative finishes and the pink color of the facade.
11. Cabinet Museum of Emperor Nicholas II
Nicholas II and his family were exiled to Tobolsk after the emperor abdicated in 1917. They settled in the Governor's house and spent eight months here before leaving for Yekaterinburg. Today, in one of the rooms of the building there is a memorial office, recreated from old photographs. It is furnished with rather modest furniture, photos of the royal family and portraits hang on the walls, but there are practically no genuine things here.
13. Temple of the Archangel Michael
The Orthodox Church of the mid-18th century, erected in the Siberian Baroque style. In the XIX century it was visited by exiled Decembrists. After 1917 it was closed and a cinema was placed inside, in the 1930s the bell tower was dismantled. In this form, the building stood until the 1980s, until restoration was launched, as a result of which the churches returned its historical appearance. Re-restoration was carried out in the 2000s.
14. John Vvedensky Monastery
The female monastery of the mid-17th century, founded, according to legend, at the place where the Virgin Mary herself indicated. Initially, the monastery was a man’s, but by the XIX century it fell into decay and was almost empty. Then, by decree of the local archbishop, the remaining brothers were transferred to another place, and the Ivano-Vvedensky monastery was converted into a female one. In the Soviet period, the activities of the institution were discontinued, monastic life was revived in 1998.
15. Abalak Znamensky Monastery
The monastery complex is located 20 km from Tobolsk in the village of Abalak. Before the conquest of Siberia, the fortress of Khan Kuchum stood on the site of the monastery. The architectural ensemble of the monastery took shape in the XVIII century. Its main buildings were erected in a baroque manner. Luxurious iconostases were placed inside, the walls were decorated with oil paintings. The main shrine is the Abalak icon of the Mother of God, acquired in 1636.
16. Tourist complex "Abalak"
A wooden fortress on the banks of the Irtysh River, located near the Abalak monastery. It is a reconstruction of the prison of the times of the conquest of Siberia. The complex consists of a fortified wall - a wooden palisade, watchtowers, entrance gates, governor's chambers, where the hotel is located. From a restaurant stylized as a Russian tavern, huts, bathhouses, estates and gazebos. The area is decorated with wooden sculptures depicting folk characters.
17. The square named after Ershov
Square is located near the Tobolsk Kremlin. It is a small territory where monuments to the writer P. P. Ershov, a native of Tobolsk and the heroes of his famous work “The Little Humpbacked Horse" are placed: Ivan the Fool, the firebird, the king, the whale fish and the skate itself. The original sculptural ensemble was set to celebrate the 420 anniversary of Tobolsk. It was made according to the project of M.V. Pereyaslavets.
19. Monument to the wives of the Decembrists
As is known from history, many wives of the Decembrists - aristocrats and noblemen went into exile with their husbands, despite the hardships and hardships awaiting them. In honor of these brave associates in 2008 in Tobolsk, a sculptural group was established, consisting of the figure of a woman and the rotunda surrounding her. The image of the wife of the Decembrist symbolizes selflessness, courage and love.
20. Zavalny cemetery
The oldest necropolis of Tobolsk, which operated since 1772. Many famous personalities are buried on it, including the Decembrists exiled to Siberia: V.K. Kyukhelbeker, A.M. Muravyev, F.M. Bashmakov, A.P. Baryatinsky and others. Also here are the graves of A. A. Dunin-Gorkavich, a researcher of Siberia, a historian of Siberia P. A. Slovtsov, poet D. P. Davydov. Many burials are listed as monuments of federal and regional significance.
Square P.P. Ershova
- Address: st. S. Remezova. Stop transport "Kremlin".
Tobolsk province gave Russia a lot of wonderful people, including the famous writer Peter Pavlovich Ershov. With the work of a remarkable author, young citizens of the country begin to get acquainted at a very early age. In fairy tales about the Humpbacked Horse and the Firebird, more than one generation of children from different parts of the former Soviet Union was brought up. In the summer of 2007, magnificent sculptures dedicated to the heroes of the narratives of the classic of Russian literature appeared in the park named after Ershov. Here you can see the bronze incarnations of Ivanushka the Fool, jumping into a tub with boiling milk of the Tsar, who wants to rejuvenate with the help of a similar SPA procedure, Miracle Yud with the Tobolsk Kremlin on the back and other no less colorful characters. The square is a favorite place for promenades of citizens and visiting travelers.
Art object "Periodic Table"
- Address: Mendeleev Avenue. Stop of transport "Pearl of Siberia".
In order to include a colorful installation of metal and concrete in the TOP-5 attractions of Tobolsk, there are at least two reasons. Firstly, according to the Russian Book of Records, it is the largest image of the famous periodic table in the world. Brass symbols of chemical elements with serial numbers are placed on 55 stone slabs laid on an area of 750 m². Secondly, for unknown reasons, the local remake of the creation of the great chemist, by the way, a native of Tobolsk, is missing ... copper. But there are as many as two carbon. Deliberately or not, the creators of the art object, in a hurry to please the townspeople with their creation, on the eve of the 427th anniversary of the policy, celebrated in 2014, made an obvious blunder. Therefore, element number 29 is denoted by letter C instead of Cu. However, the townspeople do not grieve, but consider this an additional highlight of the original architectural and landscape composition.
Architecture and monuments of Tobolsk
Lovers of exquisite architecture will obviously not be bored in Tobolsk. On the streets of the city they will see many beautiful buildings and colorful monuments.
- Address: Red Square, 1. Stop of the Kremlin transport.
This original building has several names. It is called Renteria, as well as the Swedish or the Treasury. There are good reasons for this. Firstly, the structure was built by the Swedes captured during the Livonian War, as a result of which it slightly resembles a medieval European castle. Secondly, once in the walls of the chambers there was a tribute presented to the governor of Siberia by Tatar tribes. The architecture of the building is peculiar. The first tier is an arcade. Therefore, it seems that the structure hovers above the ravine. One of the arches is led by direct import spans connecting the Kremlin and the piedmont part of the city.
- Address: st. S. Remezova. Bus stop "Zhukovsky Grove".
After the suppression of the Decembrist uprising, many of its members were serving exile in Siberian and Ural cities. So in Tobolsk lived on the settlement of 15 former guard officers. Many of them were followed by the faithful wife. In the summer of 2008, the city authorities decided to perpetuate the memory of the selfless Decembrists' spouses, who shared all the hardships of opal with their husbands. Then, near the Zavalnichesky cemetery, where the ashes of Russian carbonaries and their families rest, the grand opening of a small memorial took place. In the middle of a cozy square, a sculptural composition dedicated to the Decembrists appeared. The blackened statue of a young lady holding a cloak on her chest, falling from her bare shoulders, symbolizes self-sacrifice. The sculpture is installed in the center of a round snow-white colonnade, as if emphasizing the tenderness and defenselessness of a fragile female figure.
Monument F.M. Dostoevsky
- Address: Dostoevsky Square. Stop transport "Hotel Siberia".
One of the many convicts that went through the Tobolsk shipment was the classic of Russian literature F.M. Dostoevsky. He spent several days in a local prison before being sent to Omsk. A reminder of this episode from the life of the great writer is a monument that appeared in the Tobolsk square of the same name in 2010. The sculptor portrayed Fyodor Mikhailovich sitting on a prison deck, entwined with shackles. The writer, with his hands folded on his knee, reflects on the eternal lines drawn on the pages of the Gospel. The sculpture is very symbolic, because it is no secret to anyone that being in hard labor changed Dostoevsky’s worldview. It was after pardon and return from exile that he wrote his great works, which became part of the world cultural heritage.
Museum of Emperor Nicholas II and the Royal Family
- Schedule: daily, except Monday, from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: should be specified by phone.
- Phone: +7 345 622-37-13.
- Website: http://tiamz.ru/ru/museums/28
- Address: st. Peace, 10. Stop transport "Alexander Chapel."
As you know, it was in Tobolsk several months before being transported to Yekaterinburg held in captivity the last Russian emperor and members of the crowned family. The royal people and servants were settled in the Governor's House, which today houses expositions of a very interesting museum. The entourage of the cabinet of Nicholas II was recreated in one of the rooms. There are items belonging to the king, antique furniture from suppliers of the imperial court. The rest of the rooms, decorated in the style of the beginning of the 20th century, are also decorated with historical rarities. The exposition tells not only about the last - the tragic stage of life of members of the reigning family. Ancient photographs and archival documents tell of the charitable, missionary, social activities of the emperor, empress, their children.
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 18:00, with weekends on Mondays.
- Ticket price: should be specified by phone.
- Phone: +7 345 622-27-76.
- Website: http://tiamz.ru/ru/museums/9
- Address: Red Square, 5. Stop transport "Kremlin".
In the buildings of the Tobolsk central, known throughout pre-revolutionary Russia, there is now a museum of hard labor and exile. The prison complex, which has won the sinister fame of one of the most terrible prison of the country, consists of several buildings. A part of the buildings houses a museum exposition. In the general regime cells, the hospital room, gloomy cells, the terrible atmosphere in which the convicts stayed was recreated. Famous writers F. Dostoevsky, N. Chernyshevsky, V. Korolenko are among the famous prisoners of the prison castle. By the way, tourists who want to check the strength of the nerves are offered to spend the night in the Uznik hostel, which occupies one of the central buildings.
Tobolsk Drama Theater
- Schedule: submissions are given from Thursday to Sunday inclusive. Beginning of evening performances at 18:00, daytime at 12:00 or 14:00.
- Ticket price: from 250 r. up to 500 p.
- Phone: +7 345 627-56-25.
- Website: https://tobteatr.kto72.ru
- Address: 4th Microdistrict, 66. Stop of the 4th Microdistrict.
Tobolsk boasts brilliant theatrical traditions. It is enough to say that even in the "Annals of Siberia" from 1705 there is a mention of the performances given to the local elite by local actors. The natives of the policy are singer and actress Elena Korikova, one of the best masters of reincarnation on the stage, Alexander Abdulov who has already passed away. The luminaries of the Russian theater were replaced by a no less talented generation of artists. Look at one of the submissions with their participation is certainly worth it.
Trinity Catholic Church
- Schedule: daily, from 8:00 to 18:00.
- Phone: +7 345 624-29-48.
- Website: http://tobolsk.katolik.ru
- Address: st. R. Luxembourg, 11. Stop transport "Direct import."
By the beginning of the second third of the XIX century. Tobolsk acquired a very large Polish diaspora. At that time, almost 18 thousand participants in the Polish uprising lived in various settlements of the province. Soon, the city authorities gave the community permission to build a Catholic church. The building dilapidated over time and a new church was erected instead, according to the design of the Warsaw architects.Construction work, which lasted 8 years, culminated in the consecration of the temple in 1909. Since then, three neo-Gothic towers bring color to the architectural surroundings of the city. However, this did not bother the Bolsheviks who came to power. The temple was closed, first converted into a hostel, then to a cinema. Only at the beginning of this century he was returned to the Catholic community. After restoration work, an organ was installed in the church. Now here you can also enjoy the immortal creations of Bach, Handel, Liszt.
- Phone: + 7 345 622-25-09.
- Address: st. Lenin, 24. Stop transport "Temple of the Archangel Michael."
Another notable city temple built in the style of architectural classicism. The church, which was built for four years and consecrated in 1759, is also known for the fact that the famous Russian philosopher, popular poet, prose writer and publicist A. Radishchev lived for some time in the house of her headman. Many Decembrists who were serving a link in Tobolsk were also parishioners of the temple. In the Soviet period, the church lost its bell tower, and a cinema was located in its walls. In order to restore the original appearance of the religious building, a lengthy restoration was required. Restoration work, which began in 1987, has been interrupted more than once due to insufficient funding and is still ongoing.
Tourist complex "Abalak"
- Schedule: daily, around the clock.
- Ticket price: entrance 50 p., For children under 7 years old admission is free.
- Phone: +7 345 633-12-79.
- Website: http://www.abalak.su
- Address: Abalak village. Bus stop "Abalak".
Just two dozen kilometers from Tobolsk is a wonderful place, which is definitely worth seeing for yourself and show the child. Here, in the vicinity of the Holy Sign Monastery, a unique historical and architectural complex has been erected. A colorful object can be considered a real monument of wooden architecture. The miniature fortress and several buildings were erected according to the traditions of Russian masters. On the territory of the Cossack prison there is a tavern, chambers of the governor. The surroundings are supplemented by cast-iron cannons, carts, antique utensils from the time of the conquest of Siberia by the famous Ermak. A small game complex has been built for children, a contact zoo is working. A trip to Abalak will allow you to fully immerse yourself for several hours in the mysterious and romantic atmosphere of the Russian Middle Ages.
Trampoline center "Attraction"
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 21:00.
- Ticket price: from 150 r.
- Phone: +7 982 901-66-24.
- Website: http://vashbatut.ru
- Address: Zone of Universities, 4. Stop of the substation.
In the most popular Tobolsk shopping and entertainment center "Rio" there is a recreation which young and adult townspeople are happy to visit. There is a trampoline center where you can have a great time with the whole family. Animation instructors work with the smallest guests from the age of 1 year. Under their supervision, the kids frolic in an elastic trampoline pool filled with inflatable cubes. Teenagers will be able to practice performing acrobatic stunts on more “serious” attractions. By the way, adults are invited to make a breathtaking somersault. Trampolines can withstand loads of up to 120 kg.
SEC "Pearl of Siberia"
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 22:00.
- Phone: +7 345 627-78-18.
- Website: http://trc-tobolsk.com
- Address: 7th Microdistrict, 30. Bus stop “Pearl of Siberia”.
Shopping and entertainment complex is considered the most popular place for families in the autumn and winter. In addition to the wonderful 3-D cinema and cafe with a children's menu, there are several game areas. For kids, an inflatable town, a labyrinth is equipped, a safe swing is installed. Teenagers are likely to be interested in interactive slot machines. On weekends, animators work with young visitors, inviting children to take part in fun contests with prizes and quizzes.
Read also about the sights of Tyumen.
Tobolsk is considered one of those cities that must be visited by any self-respecting traveler. Historical and architectural monuments of the city are an integral part of the cultural heritage of Russia.